|Modèle||20m Acubens SY|
|Classe||Bateaux de plaisance|
|Matériau de la coque||Acier|
|Location||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Espagne|
|Statut en matière fiscale||Taxe non payée|
|Longueur Hors Tout||19.99 m|
|Tirant d'eau min.||2.64 m|
|Type de moteur||Inbord|
|Marque du moteur||Perkins|
|Modèle de moteur||Sabre|
|Architecte||Acubens Yacht Design|
|Fabricant||Carinox & Gabinette Naval, Spain|
Custom built 20m Acubens SY - ZULU III was conceived and built to be an ocean-going cruising yacht suitable for a mix of private and charter use. She is strong with her Corten steel hull. The yacht has quality fittings and equipment. She has a Reckmann mast and Hood furling head stays. The interior offers a total of five en-suite cabins. There are generous living areas with a large comfortable cockpit, upper and lower saloons. In the winter of 2018-19 ZULU III was partly refitted. In Spring 2022 - much work was undertaken with the yacht ashore - servicing, antifouling, painting, restoration of lockers and bilges, new bathroom floors and sanitary hoses.
Built to RINA class.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is CE Category A – “Ocean”.
Spanish registration under “lista 6ª” with permit and licence for charter.
Spanish matriculation tax paid.
Spanish VAT paid – but she is company owned and this was reclaimed.
Depending on the circumstances of purchase IVA / may be applicable and payable on the purchase price.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull & structure in Corten steel.
- Deck and coachroof in stainless steel.
- Teak laid decking (original and now worn).
- The whole yacht is painted using Awlgrip.
- Top sides are painted in dark green.
- Waterline painted in white.
- Superstructure painted in white.
- Servicing and antifouling (planned to be done in late January 2022).
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel is encapsulated, swept back fins style with bulb.
- Single rudder.
- Single helm – positioned at forward port side of cockpit.
The yacht has a fantastic machine room, very comfortable to work in and well insulated. Equally unusual in boats of this size the engine room houses absolutely all the equipment and means when the engine or gen set are running it is almost unnoticeable!
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins Sabre 265hp diesel engine.
- Twin Disc gearbox, 3.5:1 reduction.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising speed – approx. 8 knots @ 1500rpm.
- Maximum speed is approx. 9.5 knots
- Engine hours as at September 2021, approx. 8,720.
- The engine has always been maintained to the manufacturer’s service recommendations.
- The last service was April 2021 (filters, oil, cooling liquid) and a new raw water pump.
- Fuel consumption is approx. 12 litres per hour at 1,500 rpm. Range under power of approx. 1,750 miles.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Brunton 4 blade feathering propeller.
- Whitlock steering pedestal.
- Lewmar Mamba system.
- Vetus bowthruster – set in a tunnel at the bow, hydraulic motor 26.8Kw, operated via hydraulic pump on the engine.
- The electric installation comprises of two independent installations, one of 24v DC and the other of 220v AC.
- The 220v system is fed from either of the two generators, via the two inverters, or from the shore-power.
- The 24v system is powered by the 800 Ah lead battery bank.
- The service bank of batteries has a high capacity to allow spending the night at anchor without using generator (if you do not need air conditioning).
- For service: 8 x batteries of 205 Ah each connected in series/parallel.
- Engine batteries, 2 x 205Ah, charged from an alternator on the engine or by the chargers.
- All of the service and engine start batteries were renewed in January 2021.
- 2 x chargers Victron Skylla TG 24v 80 amp.
- 2 x Invertors, both Victron Phoenix 3000 units.
- 150A alternator on main engine to charge service batteries, and a second alternator to charge engine start batteries.
- ZULU III is equipped with two generators.
- 1 x Westerbeke 10kw. Approx 3058 hours as at September 2021.
- 1 x Westerbeke 7.5kw (this unit is broken-down – that will be resolved by seller or compensation offered).
- The yacht is fitted out to use 220v, although the installation can work with an external outlet of 110v AC 60 Hz., because the chargers work with both currents and frequencies.
- The owner is then able to use these for the charging of the batteries and these through the converters will feed the entire installation of 220 VAC. The ship has been two years in Mexico, where the electricity is 110 VAC 60 Hz. (USA) and they have not had any problems.
- Connection cable and plugs included as on board.
- Air conditioning CLD 2000 series system, to saloon and all cabins, heating and cooling.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fresh water system consists of two fiberglass/polyester tanks with a capacity of 1,600 liters between the two.
- The hot water is with watertight butane gas boiler brand "Bosch" and installed new last July 2021. This boiler is totally silent and always produces constant hot water.
- Hidromar unit, MC3J, capable of producing up to 250 litres per hour.
- New membranes in January 2019 type “Dow Corning”
- There are three bilges, each with an automatic electric bilge pump and a manual bilge pump, all independent.
- Total capacity of 3,035 litres of diesel.
- The fuel tanks are structural (of steel) and are located one on each side of the engine room 1300 litres each) and one on the keel (435 litres).
- Total capacity of 1,600 litres of freshwater (2 x fibreglass tanks).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- There are two polyethylene “grey water” tanks, one in the bow area and one in the aft area for sinks and showers, both with automatic discharge.
- There is a polyethylene sewage “black water” tank with outlet to deck for unloading with machine and also a gravity discharge overboard.
- The five electric toilets of the brand "Sanimarin" – each has a three way valve, to be able to discharge to the outside or to the sewage tank indistinctly.
- Simrad AP35 autopilot – control @ helm.
- Simrad Anritsu radar @ helm.
- JRC 196 GM radio telephone @ saloon desk.
- Sailor RT 5022 VHF @ saloon desk.
- Simrad CP31 plotter / GPS @ helm.
- Furuno LS 4100 echo-sounder @ helm.
- Simrad MFD unit – wind instruments (direction / speed) @ helm.
- Log – part of Simrad.
- Iridium satellite phone.
- Furuno GP39.
- Ritchie compass.
- Handheld VHF.
- Computer, screen, keyboard and mouse incl. MaxSea software.
- The galley is fully equipped, including:
- Stainless steel extractor hood over cooker.
- A large s/s Whirlpool fridge, 220v (1.8m high and approx. 600 litres capacity) (2020).
- A "Jocel" freezer, with drawers (87cm high and approx. 140 litres capacity).
- A “Force 10” gas cooker, with 3 burners and oven.
- Microwave oven.
- …. and all the utensils and utensils for cooking and utensils. Blender, toaster, juicer, etc.
- A compartmentalized cabinet contains complete high-quality crockery with twelve pieces, glasses, wine glasses and champagne glasses. and complete stainless-steel cutlery.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning in saloon and all cabins.
- Four-way Pioneer stereo radio/CD with speakers in the cockpit.
- Sharp Aquos TV; hidden behind hinged panel at end of saloon.
- Sony DVD player.
Summary of Accommodation:
- ZULU III offers berths for 8 guests in 4 cabins, each with en-suite bathroom (plus a cabin for a skipper).
- Alternatively, you could accommodate 6 guests and use another cabin for 2 crew.
- Inside, the materials are top quality.
- All of the cabins (four) have a bathroom and shower built in marble and stainless steel.
- All of the furniture is made of laminated maple wood with high-density polyurethane foam interior, to save weight, as well as the wall and ceiling panels are of "honey-comb" aviation category, for the same reason.
- The dividing walls and floors are built with soundproofed panels, for obvious reasons.
- Saloon table with fold out leaves; raises and lowers on a manual hydraulic pump so you can adjust the height.
- 2 x Folding director’s chairs.
- 1 x Beige chair at the desk in saloon / or dining.
Forward cabin with V berth, desk, shelves, hanging locker and drawers to port. Green carpeting. Large deck hatch forward. Small hatch aft to port.
To starboard is the en-suite washroom with shower cubicle, washbasin, and toilet. Small hatch over the toilet.
Door aft leads to a passage – here the cabin floor lifts with a very spacious storage space available through the central bilge fore and aft, including a second freezer.
To port is a day head with a deck hatch above.
To starboard is the twin cabin. One berth runs fore and aft and a second berth is positioned aft, raised, and runs port-starboard across the cabin. This cabin has a desk unit, drawers, locker and shelving. Deck hatch over. Green carpet.
Forward is the en-suite washroom with shower cubicle, washbasin, and toilet.
From the passage a step up leads aft with a sofa/seating area on the port side with bookshelf forward. Up a second step to the main saloon.
On the port side is a short bench seat with storage inside. Along the port side are a selection of lockers and drawers and a small, raised desk unit. Along the starboard side is an L shaped sofa (modified from original and now without a table unit, in the forward corner). The table has two folding leaves and is also adjustable in height using a manual hydraulic ram (thus may be used as a coffee table or for dining). There are 3 directors chairs for use here. Aft of the seating area is a desk unit with computer. Along the aft bulkhead is the electric panel and radio equipment (starboard). Central in the aft bulkhead a TV is hidden behind a fold down panel. With the large windows and two deck hatches, the saloon is very light, airy, and spacious.
From the aft of the saloon, four steps lead up to the cockpit.
Three steps aft on port side lead down and aft. There are further lockers in this passage.
Continuing directly aft is the principle double guest cabin, with ample stowage and lockers, a seat, and an athwartships double berth. Inboard from the cabin is the en-suite washroom with shower cubicle, washbasin, and toilet. The shower area and the cabin have opening ports to the cockpit. A deck hatch is aft for further ventilation. There are also two hull windows for extra light (one in the stern and one in the port side). The cabin has a green carpet.
From the passageway, a step down and inboard leads you into the galley and dinette area. This is well equipped and has opening port to the cockpit as well as a hull window by the sink unit.
Walk through the galley and turning aft brings you to the aft twin cabin, which has upper and lower berths, drawers, and lockers. There is a hull window and an opening port to the cockpit. Inboard from the cabin is the en-suite washroom with shower cubicle, washbasin and toilet. There is an opening port to the cockpit in the washroom.
Aft from the twin cabin is the single (crew) cabin with desk, lockers and a safe. The cabin has a deck hatch over and a hull window in the stern. This cabin is only accessible via the twin cabin. An owner may wish to use both cabins for crew.
- Aluminium, 3-spreader mast stepped on keel.
- Mast and boom are from the German manufacturer Reckmann.
- It is a strong mast ideal for long distance cruising.
- Spars are all painted in black (mast, boom, spinnaker pole, jockey pole).
- The standing rigging is Dyform (Dyform - now known as Compacted) is high-tech, low stretch wire rigging, which features more than a 30% increase in breaking strength over traditional 1×19 wire, and 25% less stretch.
- Running rigging is in Dyneema.
- ZULA is rigged with three furling headstays – all by Hood – one for the genoa, one for a Yankee and the third for the Jib.
- All sail controls are managed from the cockpit, which permits easy and safe navigation (perfectly managed by one person).
- In winter 2018-19 the mast was out for inspection and painting (Awlgrip) of mast, boom and 2 poles as well as a full inspection of the standing rigging and replacement of some parts as required.
- Mainsail (with full battens and Frederiksen car and track system and a “lazy bag” system with “lazy jacks” for easy handling) - new in January 2019 by "Advanced Sails".
- Genoa and Yankee/Staysail in good condition, from 2015, by "Elite sails" - and revised and the solar protection band changed in January 2019.
- Jib from 2016 in good condition but needs to have the solar protection band replaced.
- All in Dacron.
- Lewmar 110 manual self-tailing sheet winches.
- 2 x Barient 37 hydraulic self-tailing winches by helm for main controls.
- 2 x Barient 26 manual self-tailing winches by the mast on deck for halyards.
- 2 x Lewmar 65 self-tailing winches aft for runners (and mooring lines).
Anchoring and Mooring:
- Kappis Nautic DZC 1000 H hydraulic anchor windlass.
- Delta 60kg anchor.
- 100m of 12mm anchor chain.
- Teak and ebony varnished cockpit table with s/s legs.
- Large lockers on deck – starboard side (fenders).
- Lazarette locker aft, plus 2 x small lockers.
- Teak seats on pushpit corners.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Fixed bimini – stainless steel supports and GRP top (on which you can stand to tidy mainsail and could add solar panels etc.).
- Sprayhood at cockpit.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Sunbed cushions on foredeck.
- Mainsail lazy bag / mainsail cover in white.
Tender & Outboard:
- Semi-rigid “Gommonautica” tender, 3.5m but now old and in poor state. It is planned to change it for one of similar or same make and size to fit on the chocks on the bow.
- Outboard engine "Yamaha15 hp,purchased newinFebruary2021andwith20hoursofoperation.
- The dinghy stows on the deck forward of the mast.
- Liferaft, 12 person Oceanic Class A RFD Solas, last service Feb 2021.
Note: ZULU III has full safety equipment as required by Spanish regulations for charter under lista 6º - including liferaft, lifejackets, Man Overboard Module, EPIRB 406, flares, fire extinguishers, … etc.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.