|Matériau de la coque||Fibre de verre|
|Location||Rock Hall, Maryland, États-Unis|
|Longueur Hors Tout||11.07 m|
|Longueur à la flottaison||9.22 m|
|Tirant d'eau min.||1.35 m|
|Type de quille||enums.keel-type.kt-wing|
|Surface de voilure||555 ft²|
|Type de moteur||Inbord|
|Marque du moteur||Universal|
|Année du moteur||1995|
|Type d'entraînement||Prise directe|
|Type d'hélice||3 pales|
|Matériau de l'hélice||Bronze|
|Heures de moteur||878|
|Nbre max. de passagers||8|
|Nombre de places assises||6|
|Réservoirs de carburant||1 x 25 gal|
|Réservoirs à eau douce||1 x 72 gal|
|Réservoirs eau noire||1 x 13 gal|
|Forme de la coque||Monocoque|
This 1995 Catalina 36 MkII, Folie A Deux is a very clean and well-cared-for version of the Catalina 36, one of the most popular boats of this size with over 3,000 built between 1982-2006. The original version was replaced in 1995 by the MK II which boasts a larger cockpit for comfort and entertaining and a more roomy and comfortable quarter berth cabin, which is huge!
According to Practical Sailor Magazine, the MK II is aimed at “couples and families who primarily weekend and vacation cruise, but may be planning some extended cruising, they want a boat that is comfortable, offers reasonable performance, and is stable and predictable to handle. The boat suits their budget, and they can add gear for blue water cruising.”
Folie A Deux has been sailed all over the Chesapeake Bay (her winged keel makes much more of the Bay available to you) and is ready to take the next owner to all points on the Chesapeake again, and beyond!!! The Catalina design was and still is prolific in the area, mainly due to its ease of use under power and her expansive use of the boats interior space. This boat will not last long... Call now to schedule your showing.
The saloon measures 13′ 4″ long from the companionway to the forward stateroom, and maximum headroom is 6′ 5″. The combination of light- colored composite countertops and wood cabinetry, opening ports and hatches, and two portlights in the hull contribute to a sense of spaciousness.
The galley is located to port at the foot of the companionway, aft of a U-shaped dinette that seats four. (An L-shaped dinette with fold-down table also is available.) Forward to port is the head, which can be accessed from the saloon or the forward stateroom. The V-berth measures 90″ wide at the head and 84″ on centerline.
A second stateroom below the cockpit is accessed from a door in the port quarter. The nav station sits opposite the galley, aft of two heavily cushioned seats located to either side of a 25″ x 30″ game table that can double as a dining table or be converted to a 6′ 2″ long berth. Each chair has storage in its base.
“That table has been part of the design since hull #1, and was the first of its type in the industry,” said Douglas. “It’s still a good use of the space.”
The nav station bulkhead is large enough for mounting a VHF radio, GPS, stereo and instruments. The switch panel is hinged; wires are easily accessible and color-coded.
Some boats have a second electrical panel located at the nav station, equipped with a Perko master switch for the engine and DC power.
Headroom at the forward end of the aft stateroom is 5′ 10″, and elbow room is adequate. The stern bunk is a whopping 78″ wide and 80″ long. A hanging locker is wide enough for four sets of clothes, and storage is in four tiny drawers.
The head is essentially unchanged from early models, other than the addition of a sump in the shower. It measures 50″ x 36″ and is furnished with a large cabinet and mirror. A shower seat is forward of the sink.
The diesel engine is accessed by removing the companionway steps and panels in the aft stateroom. The fuel tank is under the aft berth. All of the tanks have inspection ports.
Hull and Deck
Folie A Deux has been well cared for both inside and out... and it shows on deck. Deep and wide swim ladder brings you aboard the sugar scoop stern and the ladder swings up to complete the handrail at the pedestal. While at the helm, you will be treated to the NEW Raymarine Axiom 7" High Performance Multifunction Display and separate Tridata display on the NavPod console. The ever present Ritchie Marine Compass is always there to guide you back as a fail safe. Mounted on the Edson wheel is the Raymarine Autopilot for those longer passages. On the front of the pedestal make sure to notice the teak cockpit table that expands to hold more than sundowners and snacks, but also dinner in the cockpit.
All running rigging has been run to the cockpit making short-handed and solo sailing a breeze. Large bimini and dodger are also present, although not shown in the pictures. Self-tailing Lewmar winches are scattered throughout as well as Marinco solar fans, Maxwell foot controls for the electric windlass, corner rail seats, cockpit cushions, variuos sized hatches for ventilation, a well used Harken roller furler, anchor, etc. The companion way hatch is secured in one of two way: either by the teak hatch boards as is customary on passage and long term storage, or by the professionally made "drop in" Starboard hatch doors (lockable) with screen inserts or tinted Lexan. Sails are in good, serviceable condition (not shown as they are stored offsite).
The hull has fresh bottom paint and the hull still shines from last season...
Heading down the companionway you step into the Galley immediately to your port. Molded factory flooring (separate from the teak and holly sole throughout) gives you great foothold and grip while underway and/or in inclement weather.
The Galley is comprised of the following:
- Deep double bowl sink with a single lever and extendable faucet
- Deep dry storage to the aft corner
- Sliding storage along the gunwale
- Princess Microwave
- Open dish storage above (customizable)
- Easy access storage along the back of the counter area
- 2 Burner Hillerange Stainless Steel Stove with Oven and grab bar
- Deep Refrigerator and Freezer (countertop access)
- Magnetic knife storage on the aft bulkhead
- Corian countertop throughout the U-shaped Galley
The salon boasts tremendous storage, space, opening port lights, hatches, and berthing options...
On the port side
- 2 large cabinets with a space between allow for all of the smaller items to be stowed away, as well as make room for electronics while at the dock or at anchor
- Very comfortable cushions encourage sitting at the drop-down salon table (with storage) or as a sofa with the table up
- Table drops down to form LARGE berth for overflow guests
- Courtesy Lights
On the starboard side
- Cabinetry for storage is mirrored on the starboard side
- Smaller 2 person table is present (with cushioned seating)
- Table drops down for additional (single) berth
- Courtesy Lights
- Located adjacent to the galley and the starboard salon area
- Swing in, cushioned seat
- Flip up storage style top
- SMX Thermostatic control for Reverse cycle HVAC
- Apelco VHF
- Raymarine Autohelm Display
- Sony AM/FM/CD Radio
- Marinco 12v Plug
- 120v AC Outlet (GFCI)
- Lowrance Elite-5 HDI depthfinder/fishfinder mounted above
- Catalina Factory installed breaker panel with Guest Battery Selector and AC Service Breaker (drop down panel)
- Courtesy Lights
- Large built in unit for storage (TV?)
- 4 Deep Drawers
- Brass Ships Clock, Barometer, and Bell
- Courtesy Lights
The head is located just forward of the main salon on the port side
- Jabsco Manual Marine Head
- Teak Trim throughout (well maintained)
- Corian style molded sink with a single lever faucet (extends for shower)
- Large storage above the sink area for toiletries, etc.
- Molded flooring for proper drainage
- Shower sump switch
- Teak Seating for curtained shower area
- Separate curtain to shield the sink and head area
- 2 door access (one to access from the Master Suite)
The Master Suite is located fully forward with tremendous storage built in with gorgeous woodwork.
- Double ventilated door hanging locker on the immediate Starboard side
- Sliding mirrored panels allowing more storage above the hanging locker
- V Berth set up with a fill in panel makes this area very roomy and comfortable
- Wrap around shelved area along the perimeter of the V Berth
- Lots of storage beneath the berth
- Access to below berth storage is accomplished with 2 door (one port and one starboard) along with a built-in set of 3 drawers
- Private access to the head
- Teak and Holly flooring
- Courtesy Lights
As you enter the cabin from the companionway, turn to your immediate Starboard and you have the Aft Quarters.
- Doored entry
- Built-in storage immediately to your left (looking aft) with a hanging locker and 4 solid wood drawers
- TREMENDOUS amount of space to stretch out athwartships (easily queen sized)
- Engine access is available from this space
- Venting portlights
- AC Outlets
- Courtesy Lights
- Comfortable cushions
- Original Universal Diesel Engine
- 35 HP
- Accessible from the galley & aft quarters
- Sherwood Impeller and housing more recent
- 877.96 original hours on the engine
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.