|Modèle||41 Center Cockpit|
|Classe||Bateaux de plaisance|
|Matériau de la coque||Fibre de verre|
|Location||East Greenwich, Rhode Island, États-Unis|
|Longueur Hors Tout||12.27 m|
|Longueur à la flottaison||9.75 m|
|Tirant d'eau max.||1.83 m|
|Type de quille||enums.keel-type.kt-full|
|Surface de voilure||810 ft²|
|Hauteur sous barrot||1.93 m|
|Type de moteur||Inbord|
|Marque du moteur||Yanmar|
|Modèle de moteur||4JH3E|
|Année du moteur||2003|
|Type d'entraînement||Prise directe|
|Type d'hélice||3 pales|
|Matériau de l'hélice||Bronze|
|Heures de moteur||1432|
|Réservoirs de carburant||85 gal (Aluminium)|
|Réservoirs à eau douce||160 gal (Plastique)|
|Réservoirs eau noire||30 gal (Plastique)|
SIGNIFICANT PRICE REDUCTION - SELLER'S NEW BOAT HAS ARRIVED. OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS!
Sabine is an Island Trader 41' Center Cockpit Ketch, featuring the classic comfort of a hand-crafted teak interior, and a solid, seaworthy hull that will take you anywhere.
Her current owners have been excellent caretakers and have lavished Sabine with constant updates and improvements over their tenure. The lucky next owner will enjoy the benefits of their hard work and expense. Her extensive updating and maintenance regimen make Sabine the nicest Island Trader 41 currently available. Here is a sampling of some key updates under their ownership.
- Teak decking removed, decks repaired and awlgripped.
- Original engine replaced with a 56hp Yanmar diesel
- Potable water, diesel and holding tanks replaced
- Hull professionally painted
- Bottom stripped and barrier-coated
- Standing rigging replaced
- Sails and jib furler replaced
- Electronics updated
- Full canvas enclosure added
- Cabin sole replaced
- Winches replaced with Lewmar dual speed self-tailing winches
- Compression post footing rebuilt to stronger than new
- Countless electrical and plumbing updates and additions
- Comes with custom Fairclough cover system for winter storage
- Wood masts replaced with Aluminum (just prior to their ownership)
- and much more. See full specs for additional details.
Sabine is easily single handed, handles heavy seas with ease, and is an ideal platform for a
cruising couple. You can learn more about Sabine and her story at followsabine dot com.
The recent price drop makes this a fantastic opportunity.
Sabine features a beautifully hand-crafted teak interior with two private cabins, a large main saloon, full galley, spacious engine compartment, two heads, and massive storage capacity. LED lighting throughout and plenty of light and air. Cabin sole replaced with teak & holly.
Large V-berth forward with storage shelving along each side and drawers underneath. There is a hanging locker and other storage compartments just aft of the berth. Two new overhead hatches and two opening ports let in plenty of light and air. The chain locker is forward of the berth.
Located aft of the forward cabin to port, the forward head was converted to a dedicated full-standing shower with tile walls, and a vanity forward. There is a double shelf locker behind and a locker beneath the sink.
L-shaped dinette to port with a settee to starboard that pulls out to form a double berth. The large drop-leaf center-line dining table has a sliding top panel to access storage inside the table. There are locker spaces behind both settees as well as double lockers above. Four opening ports and an overhead butterfly hatch let in plenty of light & air. New cushion upholstery in 2017.
Just aft of the main cabin to port is a full-size Nav Station featuring a pull-out desk and storage lockers above and below.
The Galley is located aft of the main saloon along the starboard walk-way leading into the aft cabin. Storage is located in lockers behind the entire length of the galley as well as lockers above the engine room. There is access to starboard side of the engine in the galley area
Features a large double berth lying athwartships. An overhead hatch, four large windows and two opening ports provide light and ventilation. Storage includes a hanging locker forward and two sets of double door lockers on each side of the cabin, with additional storage aft of the bunk, and under. Ensuite head to port.
The aft head has been completely refurbished and shows nearly new. It is accessed from the aft cabin port side, with new solid teak flooring, ample cabinet storage, and updated modern fixtures. Access panel to port side of engine. New 30g holding tank installed.
Galley located to starboard at the base of the companionway, with good access to both the cockpit and main saloon.
- Isotherm 20g hot water heater (Engine and electrically driven)
- High-output Impeller 40psi Water Pump w/ inline bladder
- Inline carbon water filtration system
- (2) Custom made poly 80G water tanks (160 gallon total capacity)
- Frigoboat keel-cooled refrigeration
- NEW Force (2019) 10 LPG stove & oven (uninstalled) to replace current 3-burner stove
- Microwave oven
- 400 Watts Renogy Monocrysteline Flexible solar panels
- Rover Li 40 AMP MPPT Solar harge Controller
- (6) 120Ah Deep Cycle AGM Marine House Bank Batteries (new in 2018)
- (1) AGM Starting Battery (New 2019)
- Heart Interface 5000 Inverter
- Heart Interface Link 2000 battery monitor
- 30 amp shore power system w/ 110 outlets throughout the boat
- LED lighting throughout the boat
- Electric trumpet horn
- LED spreader lights
Electronics & Navigation
- Raymarine C-Series Radar
- Raymarine C120 chartplotter at helm
- WAAS Differential Marine GPS
- TackTick Wind & Tri-Data instruments at helm
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS Enabled Marine VHF with cockpit remote
- Autohelm ST6000 Autopilot
- Fusion Bluetooth Audio System
- Lofrans Tigress powered anchor windlass (chain and rope capable) with remote
- bowsprit with integral double rollers
- 45 lb. CQR Anchor w/ 300' of chain, 35 lb. CQR on second roller
- Spare Danforth Anchor
Sails & Rigging
Sabine has a ketch rig with deck-stepped aluminum masts
- Lewmar dual speed winches (new 2017)
- New Selden halyard winches on mast (2018)
- Fully battened main sail (New 2012)
- Dutchman flaking system
- Schaefer Roller Furling Jib (New 2013)
- Battened Mizzen Sail (New 2014)
- Lewmar low-friction mast track sail car system
- Aluminum Whisker Pole
- Boom vang
- Masthead Windex wind indicator
- Main Mast Compression Post keel support was completely redone and stronger than new.
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 56hp 4JH3E Marine Diesel Engine (2003) with 1432 hours
- New Engine Mounts
- Dripless shaft seal
- Balmar 120 amp High Output Alternator
- Balmar Serpentine Belt System Upgrade
- RACOR 200micron Fuel / Water Separator
- 85 Gallon custom made aluminum fuel tanks (installed 2010)
- Fixed 3-blade prop in aperature
- Hydraulic steering refurbished
- Engine spare parts & spare zincs
Deck & Hull
Hull is hand-laid solid fiberglass with a full keel and attached rudder. Ballast is encapsulated in the keel and believed to be iron set in epoxy.
Deck is fiberglass with balsa core. Original teak overlay was removed and the deck was re-cored and glassed over in 2004. Deck and Hull have been professionally awlgripped in 2008
- Deck features high bulwarks for safety
- New Lewmar deck hatches to replace original wood-framed hatches
- Butterfly hatch over main cabin
- Side-mount swim ladder
- New teak seating in cockpit
- Dodger & Bimini with full canvas enclosure for cockpit
- Folding wheel to free up cockpit space at anchor
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit speakers
- Custom Canvas covers for hatches and teak hand rails
- F/W shower on aft deck
- Custom dinghy davits
- Taffrail completely removed, re-sealed and re-installed, 2015
- Magma Catalina Grill
- Adequate fenders & mooring lines
- Custom Fairclough Canvas Boat Cover for Winter storage
- Ship's Bell
- Ship's Clock
- Two Sport-a-Seats
- Misc. spare parts
- Life Jackets
- Lifebuoy throwable safety device
Sabine is an Island Trader 41' full-keeled cruising ketch that was built in the Tai Chao shipyard in Formosa (Taiwan). These boats weren't built on assembly lines, they were put together by craftsman that loved their work. Just look below at the hand carved doors and you'll understand how each of these boats is totally unique.
When we found her, she was named "Tara Vana" (Tahitian for "Crazy Man") and she needed a lot of TLC. However, over the past 18 years we've put a lot of love into her. Many hours of paint, sanding, varnish, and mechanical work have resulted in a boat that could take you anywhere your heart desires.
Although she spent many years of her life in the south, Sabine is a boat that is perfect for the Northeast. Like a lot of boats from the Tai Chao yard, she's built like a tank! With her full keel and keel hung rudder, you won't have to worry if you accidentally ground the boat. Didn't see that lobster pot? No worries! That line will run along the bottom of the keel and then pop out the back. Since the shaft and prop are protected, there's no chance of snagging.
At the water line, the fiberglass is almost 2" thick in places, making her as strong a boat as you will find. Over the years, we've opted for larger than needed rigging / furlers / winches so that we never have to worry about load failures. We wanted a boat that was strong and would get us to our destination safely. In that regard, Sabine has never let us down.
Sabine is looking for the right owners. As an older boat she will have regular maintenance that's needed. Right at the moment, she needs the varnish on her rails attended to. However, if you are willing to put in the love, she will return the favor. Sabine is always the bell of the ball in any anchorage or port. With her long bowsprit, classic lines, and wineglass transom she turns heads everywhere she goes.
We've loved this boat since the day we saw her tied up in a mooring field in Noank, CT. We picked up the mooring next to her, and for two days we stared at the for-sale sign. 2 months later, we sailed her home. Sabine deserves someone that will love her as much as we do and who craves the adventure and satisfaction that comes from being the custodian of a boat that instantly reminds you that we are all bound to the sea.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.