|Modèle||Q Class Alfred Mylne Gaff|
|Classe||Classique et de tradition|
|Matériau de la coque||Bois|
|Statut en matière fiscale||Taxe non payée|
|Longueur Hors Tout||10.4 m|
|Tirant d'eau max.||1.63 m|
Duet was designed by Sir Thomas Glenn-Coats in 1926 to compete in the International 6M class. Built by the renowned Scottish yard McGruer & Co, she has an outstanding pedigree.
Following the war she became a “Q Class “handicap cruiser with the addition of her attractive cuddy/cabin and interior accommodation etc.
She was restored by the International College of Boatbuilding and displayed at the London Boat Show as a demonstration of their work and skill.
In more recent years she has had refits by leading Lymington boat builders, Steve Etheridge and Neville Hutton.
In 2011 she took overall victory in the specialist Yarmouth Old Gaffers Festival, held annually on the Isle of Wight in which 150 + gaff rig yachts took part.
On her way down to the Mediterranean she competed in and won the Open French Championship for International Classic 6M Class at La Trinite-sur-Mer
She has since raced from her Cannes base, winning several races including the Vintage Class overall at Les Voiles d’Antibes 2013 and the Yacht Club de France “Coupe d’Automne” in 2012. In 2014, 3rd Les Voiles d’Antibes and 2nd Régates Royales Cannes.
Duet has 2014 CIM certificate, APM 245, also 6M certificated with Bermudian rig
Lightly used racing wardrobe to CIM requirements, i.e. material and design/period cut
- No 1 Drifter
- No 1 Genoa
- No 2 Genoa
- No 3 Genoa
- AP Spinnaker
- Running Spinnaker
- 2 single berths
- Galley with Single burner spirit stove
- 2 x 12 V batteries in series
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps of which one is auto with float
- Harken bronze winches x 7 including 2 pancake period style bronze primaries with modern Harken internals
- Harken genoa tracks and cars
- Harken mainsheet traveller cars etc
- Hollow wooden main and topmast by Noble Spars
- Spruce boom
- 2x Spruce spinnaker poles by Collars
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Bellman BV Aquapella electric inboard 24 V engine
- Shaft driven c/w disc brake
- Fixed 2 blade propeller and alternative custom made 3 bladed feathering Max prop type
Electronics and Navigational Gear
- Tack tick system including boat speed, depth, wind data incl direction and speed
- 2 compasses
- Over boom cockpit cover
- Deck/hull custom cover for storage/transit
- Anchor: Kedge with fast drop web reel
- DUET comes with her own custom made steel cradle for either storage or transport
- 1 x Manual bilge pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.