|Classe||Bateaux de plaisance|
|Matériau de la coque||Fibre de verre|
|Location||Beverly, Massachusetts, États-Unis|
|Longueur Hors Tout||12.34 m|
|Longueur à la flottaison||9.27 m|
|Tirant d'eau max.||2.06 m|
|Type de quille||Aileron|
|Hauteur libre max. sous ponts||17.68 m|
|Type de moteur||Inbord|
|Marque du moteur||Westerbeke|
|Modèle de moteur||42B|
|Année du moteur||1996|
|Type d'entraînement||Prise directe|
|Type d'hélice||3 pales|
|Matériau de l'hélice||Bronze|
|Vitesse de croisière||6 kn @ 2000 Tr/min|
|Réservoirs de carburant||1 x 44 gal|
|Réservoirs à eau douce||1 x 107 gal|
|Réservoirs eau noire||1 x 36 gal|
|Capacité radeau de survie||4|
Built in the 2nd year of a production run of the most popular 40 foot sailboat ever designed, the Catalina 400 is an excellent price/value. Features like a solid fiberglass hull, rugged fin keel, and keel-stepped mast ensure "good bones" in this offshore sailing machine. She's built to sail with confidence and safety.
"Son Touched" is a single-owner boat with many upgrades and ready for blue water cruising. She offers three notable benefits over other yachts in her class. Her super-wide cockpit and twin wheel layout make for an amazingly accommodating outside space. Below decks, this extra beam affords a huge owner's stateroom aft with a centerline queen berth with easy access from both sides of the cabin. Third, extra beam amidships leading aft leaves a ton of space for an amazing galley.
- Dinghy - New 2021 - Inflatable PVC by Coastal. 4 chambers, 4 man, roll up with aluminum floor, 2 seats, and storage pockets
- Dinghy Engine - 5 hp 2 cycle Mercury with 3 gal tank
- Water Maker - PAR reverse osmosis, 8 gal/hr capacity
- Prop - 3 blade auto pitching fwd and rev.
- Winter cover - 2014 - custom 4 piece canvas by Ship Shape Canvas. Zippered closures full stern, and over-toe rails coverage.
- Spinnaker pole
- Hatches - Replaced all 6 deck hatches in 2019. Replaced all 8 ports 2019
Cockpit & Deck
On any yacht, the cockpit is the most important space aboard. It is where you spend the majority of your day whether it is sailing, relaxing, or enjoying a nice evening meal aboard. The Catalina 400 design does a great job of providing a spacious and functional area, especially with the yacht’s beam carried so far aft. The twin wheel configuration allows for easy passage space from the sugar scoop swim platform all the way forward to the centerline companionway hatch. All rigging leads aft and the primary winches are easily reachable from each helm, making single-handing a breeze.
- Large u-shaped cockpit seating with 5’8’’ cockpit seats
- Twin helms with 36’’ wheels, two-person seating aft of each
- Large centerline folding table with fixed foot bracing for athletic sailing
- Center storage in cockpit table
- Custom designed and built dodger - New 2019
- Custom designed and built Bimini
- (2) Ritchie compasses, one at each helm
- Lewmar 58 self-tailing primary winches, reachable from helms
- Lewmar 40 self-tailing halyard winches at cabin top
- Added Lewmar 30 at helm for dedicated mainsheet and traveler control
- Added (3) rope clutches for double-ended mainsheet & traveler
- Fold-down swim ladder opens to sugar scoop swim platform with two seats and storage below
- (2) Marine speakers in the cockpit for stereo
- (4) Cup holders at the cockpit table
- Easy steps to companionway hatch
- (2) Deep storage lockers below helm seats
- (2) 10lb propane tanks in individual lockers
- Windlass - Maxwell 800lb. Handles both chain & line.
- Hot and cold cockpit shower at boarding ladder
A large gourmet galley greets you to starboard as you come down the companionway hatch. Chefs always demand counter space on either side of the sink and cooktop and the Catalina 400 delivers. There is plenty of deep storage and lots of refrigerator and freezer space. There is even a designated fold-out storage bin for trash. This galley works!
- U-shaped galley with TONS of counter space and storage
- Adler Barbour refrigeration, top, and sideloading - Compressor replaced in 2016
- Adler Barbour freezer, top-loading - Compressor replaced in 2016
- Princess 3-burner propane stove and oven, gimbaled
- Gold - Microwave
- Princess classic collection II microwave over stove
- Deep double-bowl stainless steel sink and stainless steel faucet
- Retractable additional faucet for washing versatility
- Designated fold-out trash compartment to the left of the sink
- Deep pot/pan storage to the right of stovetop loading
- (3) hinged cabinets above the counter
- Spice rack cabinet
- (4) Pullout drawers
- (3) Below-counter cabinets
- Additional pot/pan storage cabinet below the oven
- Seward 10 Gallon electric and engine heated hot water heater
- (2) LED lights over the sinks
- Westerbeeke 42B
- 4000 hrs
- Professionally maintained by reputable Westerbeeke mechanic
- Easy access
- Built-in electric oil change pump
- Doyle - Stack Pack fully battened mainsail in Excellent condition. 3 reefs
- Doyle - 135% roller furling genoa in very good condition
- Doyle - asymmetrical spinnaker with sock. In excellent condition
- Hood - #2 heavy weather jib. In Excellent condition
- Storm jib. In excellent condition. Hanks on to inner forestay. Inner forestay has a quick-release attachment lever at the chainplate.
Below decks, you will find a warm rich, and inviting interior space for lounging at the end of a cruising day. A gourmet galley lies to starboard, nav station to port and a spacious main salon that takes advantage of the 13’5’’ beam.
- Large U-shaped starboard settee with exchangeable poles to make a large double berth
- Starboard table comfortably seats 5
- Long settee to port forward of nav station – 6’4’’ long
- (4) Large storage cabinets with sliding cabinet doors
- (2) Brass reading lights
- (2) Stereo speakers mounted above cabinetry
- (3) Overhead Lewmar hatches for ventilation and natural light
- (2) Large skylights (translucent) for added light
- (4) Opening Lewmar ports along the cabin top - Replaced 2019
- (2) Fixed Lewmar side ports
- Teak and holly floor
- (5) Storage shelves behind settees
- (2) Large and deep storage areas behind and below settee cushions
- Separate access door to aft head, shower, and hanging wet locker.
The aft cabin of the Catalina 400 is palatial, stretching all the way across the beam of the stern with a centerline queen bed and comfortable seating, nightstands, and storage on both the port and starboard. The aft cabin has direct access via a separate door, to the aft head.
- Large centerline queen berth with pillow-top mattress
- Seating on both sides of the cabin
- Nightstand storage shelves and top-loading storage cabinets to port and starboard
- Cabinetry along each side of the hull with sliding door cabinets and shelving
- Cedar closet with shelves to port
- Double cedar closet with hanging space as well as shelving to starboard
- Vanity mirror opens up a window into the main salon/galley space
- (2) Pullout drawers below the berth
- (4) Overhead lights
- (2) Brass personal reading lights
- (2) Kafromo portable cabin fans
- (2) Large Lewmar hatches open to the cockpit
- (3) Smaller Lewmar hatches for added natural light and ventilation
- (2) 120V outlets
The forward cabin has a wide v-berth that comfortably sleeps two. This cabin also has an en-suite private head. With storage, large opening ports for ventilation and light, overhead lighting, and personal reading lights, the forward cabin offers a comfortable place to relax after a day of sailing.
- V-berth double bed with 4’’ marine foam with 4" topper
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning and heat
- Large overhead Lewmar opening hatch
- Smaller Lewmar hatch aft of the large overhead hatch
- Opening side starboard
- Brass reading lights
- Cabin fan to port
- Private access to forward head
- Cedar lined hanging closet to port and storage bin
- (2) cedar lined drawers under berth
- (2) storage bins under bed
- Located in the forward suite to starboard
- Manual head
- Single vanity with Corian countertop
- Retractable faucet doubles as showerhead
- Overhead opening Lewmar hatch
- Opening side port in cabin top
- Dry locker storage below sink
- Mirror vanity storage with sliding panel access
- Large vanity mirror on the aft bulkhead
- (1) 110V GFI outlet
The aft head is located just inside the companionway hatch to port, aft of the nav station. It is a large head that can be divided with a shower curtain to a separate shower space. There is dual access from both the salon and the aft cabin.
- Located to port aft of the nav station
- Accessed from companionway area and from the aft cabin
- Manual head – forward-facing
- Vanity with Corian countertop and retractable faucet that doubles as showerhead
- Vanity storage with sliding mirror doors
- Separate shower space forward of the head with a track for dividing shower curtain
- Large hanging storage locker forward of vanity for wet foul weather gear
- (2) Storage lockers under vanity
- Fiberglass floor for quick-dry environment with electric automatic pump for drainage.
- (3) Overhead lights
- Opening Lewmar port at cabin top side
- (1) 110V GFI outlet
- House Batteries - (2) 200 amp-hour AGM D4 batteries
- Starter Battery - Group 24 dedicated starter battery
- Spare parts - Belts, fuel filters, fuel pump, impeller, and zincs
- Xantrax Battery Monitor
- Alternator - 120 amp Balmor alternator and 3 stage regulator
- Spare alternator and 3 stage regulator
- Inverter - Freedom XC2000 2kw inverter/ 80 amp battery charger. New in 2021
- Replaced all interior lighting to LED
- Primary and backup bilge pumps with high water alarm
- Shore power cord - Marine-grade 30 amp 30'
- GPS - Garmin GPSmap 192C
- (3) GPS - Garmin GPSmap 498 display
- GPS - (3) Handhelds Garmin 76Cx, 38, and 12
- Raytheon ST50 Wind, Speed/Log, Depth. Replaced over the years
- AutoPilot - Upgraded to Raytheon Evolution EV 200 in 2021. Spare type 1 actuator.
- Radar - Upgraded in 2008. Raytheon 2kw with 9" multifunction display.
- VHF - Standard Horizon Digital Select Service with AIS. At 2 locations
- VHF - Standard Horizon handheld. New 2021
- Sony AM/FM radio/CD with cabin and cockpit speakers. Individually switched.
- Life jackets - (8 )standard type
- (3) Auto inflate harnesses with tethers
- MOB - (2) man overboard poles and strobe light
- Flares - Pistol type
- EBIRB - 406 MHz Auto-water activated
- Jack lines - run forward to aft
- Life raft - Open ocean rated, 4 man, double-tubed with canopy with hard-shelled case
- Medical Kit - Professional, Offshore, portable zippered case.
- Anchors - 1 - 45lb CQR with 150' of 5/16 BB chain. 1- (2021) 30 lb Danforth with 30' 5/16 BB chain and 150' 1/2 rope rode.
- Grill - Force 10 Propane rail-mounted grill
- Fenders - 4 standard size
- Binoculars - West Marine 7x50
- Deck wash-down - Saltwater "Blaster" pump and hose
- Boat Hooks - 2 - telescoping
- Emergency fuel containers - (2) 5 gallon (yellow)
- Cruising Guides & Charts - Nova Scotia to Florida, Bahamas, Carribian.
- Manuals - Full set of original and added equipment manuals
- Bosun Chair - Safe design. Can be lifted by windlass
- Lines - (6) Docking/spring lines. (8) spare lines. Spare Jib lines
- Telescoping side-mounted boarding ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.