|Classe||Bateaux de plaisance|
|Matériau de la coque||Fibre de verre|
|Longueur Hors Tout||13.41 m|
|Longueur à la flottaison||10.67 m|
|Tirant d'eau max.||2.9 m|
|Tirant d'eau min.||1.27 m|
|Type de quille||Dérive|
|Déplacement (Chargé à plein )||37000 livres|
|Type de moteur||Inbord|
|Marque du moteur||Beta Marine|
|Année du moteur||2007|
|Type d'entraînement||Prise directe|
|Type d'hélice||3 pales|
|Heures de moteur||1004|
|Réservoirs de carburant||75 gal|
|Réservoirs à eau douce||210 gal (Aluminium)|
|Réservoirs eau noire||50 gal|
Sailed from the UK, where she was built, to the Med and on to the Caribbean and eventually to the Chesapeake, this boat can travel. Her current owner has sailed her from Maine to Florida and the Bahamas and back to the Chesapeake where she has visited many,many anchorages.
- Note: Pelican draws 4'2" with her board up and 9'6" with the board down. (You can sneak into private anchorages!)
She has a beautiful, salty, distinctive look. Check out her upgrades...
- Carbon Fibre Masts
- Isomat Booms
- All rigging led aft to the cockpit
- Upgraded sails and running rigging
- Beta Marine Diesel with 1004 hours
- New Michigan 3 Blade prop
- Custom hard top built to insulate the cockpit and provide a solid working surface with full enclosure
- Newer teak decks with no screws or bungs....glued.
- Davits capable of handling 1500 pounds.....holds dinghy with 15 HP motor...no problem.
Lots to offer here and you will turn heads wherever you go.
Pelican is a center cockpit design, affording total privacy for the owners in a separate aft cabin.
- V-berth with filler cushion. Port and starboard opening ports with screens, large opening hatch with screen, ample storage shelves under berth
- Vanity to port with large hanging locker and Lavac Head to starboard. Ample storage shelves against the hull.
- Large salon area with teak drop leaf dining table and facing settees. (Port settee converts to double bunk.) Storage lockers beneath settees and behind starboard backrest. Pilot berth also behind settee.
- To port of the companionway is the U-shaped Galley with deep sink, ample counter space, 4 burner propane stove and oven, large freezer box cooled by cold plate and, upright refrigerator under counter. RO Watermaker, too.
- Secure Nav Station is to starboard of the companionway and has VHF Radio, Radar Screen, AM/FM Radio with CD Player, Electrical Panel with breakers.
- Companionway steps leading to cockpit behind which are located the (2) Rolls 375 amp battery banks with easy access for maintenance.
- (9) Stainless Steel opening ports and (1) large opening hatch with screen in coach roof.
- Below the center cockpit is the Engine Room accessed through the doghouse.
- Aft Cabin, located behind the cockpit, contains a large double berth with a regular spring mattress with cover, a separate head and shower compartment and a large storage area below the bunk.
- In the aft cabin there are 7 stainless steel opening ports with screens and a large opening hatch above the bunk with screen.
Sails and Rigging
Pelican is a cat ketch rig.
- Tillotson-Pearson Carbon Fiber Masts......55' Main, 54' Mizzen ....replaced in 1994
- Isomat Booms with single line reefing
- North Sails fully battened Dacron Main and Mizzen with 4 Reef points
- Light Air Mizzen Staysail
- All lines are led aft to the cockpit- no need to go forward while sailing unless to deploy the anchor
- Lewmar Number 54 Electric Winch controls main halyard, sheet, reef lines and mizzen halyard
- Harken external Battcar tracks on both Main and Mizzen
- Harken turning blocks, Harken secondary winches (2), Harken travelers (2) and Harken Battcars for both Main and Mizzen
- New England Ropes are used for all running rigging and are controlled by Lewmar Rope Clutches
The Freedom 40 has an amazingly safe deck with very high bulwarking. The original teak decks were addressed and have beautiful teak that is glued, not screwed.
- Bow Sprit reworked, lengthened and sheathed in Stainless Steel.
- Simpson Lawrence V2000 Electric windlass
- 65# Monel Stainless CQR Anchor ("Pelican" on side) with 400' of stainless steel 3/8" chain
- 45# CQR with 20' galvanized 3/8" chain and 200 ft nylon rode
- Fisherman's Anchor
- Custom built hardtop that covers the cockpit built of fiberglass and balsa core and has two ports. This provides access to the mizzen boom and sail. It also keeps the cockpit area cool and protected.
- New Sunbrella dodger in 2016
- Cockpit has Sunbrella Curtains which will totally enclose the cockpit in foul weather. Curtains can be rolled up and fastened during fair weather. View with the curtains in place does not hinder visibility.
- Closed cell foam cockpit cushions
- Helmseat doubles as the above deck propane storage locker with overboard drains
- Custom designed, Kato fabricated davits rated at 1500 pounds
- Teak Folding Boarding Ladder, stored on the aft bulkhead of the cockpit. Fits bronze fittings mid-ship on both port and starboard
- Custom ladder to board from the dinghy at the stern.
- Caribe 10' Inflatable Hard Bottom Dinghy with oars, stainless steel folding anchor
- 15 HP Mercury Four Stroke Outboard with less than 50 hours running time. Portable fuel tank with fuel filter
- Pelican is set up to be a 12V boat. With wind generator and solar panels she easily stays at anchor for extended periods of time and need not rely on 110V/220V systems.
- (2) Rolls 375 amp flooded led acid acid batteries
- Separate engine start battery
- (3) Siemens Solar Panels - 54 watts each with controller
- Air Marine Breeze Wind Generator
- Xantrex True Charge 2 Battery Charger (can be used with extension cord but, no shore power system)
- LED Lighting in most of the boat
- Garmin GPS Chart Plotter
- Furuno Radar with Cockpit Repeater
- B&G Network Depth, Speed, Wind Speed/Wind Direction, Water Temp, Point of Sail, Sail Comp, Magnetic Compass
- B&G Auto Pilot with Remote Control
- Sailor VHF Radio, Icom Hand Held VHF and Apelco Hand Held VHF
Engine and Mechanical
- Beta Marine 50 HP Diesel Engine 2007 with a 1004 hours
- Dual Racor fuel filters
- Fuel Polishing System
- Spotless engine room
- Twin Disc TMC 40nM Transmission 2007
- 19X13 Michigan 3 Blade Prop NEW 2016
- PUR 35 RO Water Desalination System
- Sea Gull Filtration and purification system for the galley
- Bulkhead Propane Heater
- Pressure Hot and Cold Water
- Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps
- Lavac Vacuum toilet in forward head plumbed to overboard discharge for offshore use. It is currently wire tied shut for Bay use.
- Aft head is plumbed to the holding tank and is secured in the holding tank position for Bay use.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.